Hi there! I'm Kate.
I like math and language, especially combining the two, which is why I do computational linguistics. I spend my free time studying languages (both natural and otherwise), watching French rock opera, picking locks and playing piano.
My favorite animal is the llama. My favorite color is green. My favorite coffee is every coffee. I like reading blogs about Antarctica. That’s pretty much it!
Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing.
Beginning in March 2012, I will join Facebook full-time as a Computational Linguist.
- Stanford University
- Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering (ICME).
M.S. Expected December 2012.
M.A. Expected December 2012.
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Mathematics, B.S. 2006.
- Facebook Computational Linguist March 2012-present.
- Facebook Consultant. Fall 2011-March 2012.
- Microsoft Research Silicon Valley
Research Intern at Search Labs. Summer 2011.
- Fulbright Fellowship – Research Grant in Mathematics
Budapest, Hungary. Sept. 2010-June 2011
- Baidu Inc. Research Intern
Stanford Engineering Internship in China Program. Summer 2010
- Teaching Assistant for Stanford CS Department
Head TA for CS105, TA for CS181, CS103.